G arner Funeral Home was started in 1946 when Frank Garner Sr. moved to Ripley from Halls, Tennessee where he had been associated with Evans, Lasiter, and Garner since 1942. Mr. Garner purchased the Ripley Funeral Home from the family of H.L. Munal. Ripley Funeral Home had moved from the Tucker Home on South Main Street to Lafayette Street. The former Ripley Funeral Home location was purchased by Burgess and Peters Funeral Home. Mr. Garner, along with his wife the former Mary Williamson of Maury City, Tennessee integrated Burgess and Peters with the Ripley Funeral Home into Garner's Ripley Funeral Home and operated out of the location at 157 South Main Street.
Mr. Garner was joined by his son Tommy in 1963 and continued his servitude until his death in 1984. Tommy Garner carried forward and was joined by his son Tom in 1990. Upon Tommy's death in 1996 Tom Garner took over as the third generation of funeral directors in the Garner family.
In 2001 work was completed on a new modern and spacious facility at 305 Lake Drive in Ripley. In February 2002, after 56 years of business at the South Main location, Garner Funeral Home moved to Lake Drive and has been serving the community since.